Sunday, November 27, 2011

CHART OF THE DAY: CBO Says Dem Plans Create More Jobs








Use the buttons to the right to see which policies the parties support.


Years of FTE employment per million dollars of total budgetary cost.




When I made this chart I knew the important thing was to compare and contrast the Republican and Democratic proposals. This Google Chart uses three buttons to show this plainly and effectively. Not only does it illustrate how much less the GOP proposals would affect the employment, but how comparatively few they actually support.




If you prefer a non interactive chart, this picture illustrates the same idea by coloring the policy proposals based on their support by the parties. I admit this is very close to the original, but I wanted to highlight that I can quickly recreate simple charts (this took about an hour) in a higher resolutions with improved clarity, TPM style fonts or colors, and story specific information.

No comments:

Post a Comment