Wednesday, November 23, 2011

CHART OF THE DAY: 50% Chance Of Another Recession… Because Of The Euro

















For this chart, I decided to remove the 'Domestic Risks (2010)' line because it was distracting. The important part of this chart and the story that goes with it is how International risks combined with Domestic risks this year are pushing the combined chance of recession over 50%. I decided to highlight the percentages in the chart above using pie charts since they can be a little hard to understand when presented as a line chart. This Google chart is Javascript based and can be deployed on any page without putting resources on the server.



In this graphic, I created my own chart in Illustrator (again removing the 2010 data point) and then used Tumult Hype to animate the chart for readers. More intricate animations could be used, but I felt this chart really only needed to hit three specific times.


Finally, I created a Google Motion chart to animate the progression through time. Google Motion charts have the added benefit of also creating a line chart and bar charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment